Did you know that October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month?
1 in 3 families are affected by domestic violence. Domestic violence is a pattern of abusive behaviors — physical, sexual, psychological, and economic coercion — used by one intimate partner against another (adult or adolescent) to gain, maintain, or regain power and control in the relationship. Batterers use of a range of tactics to frighten, terrorize, manipulate, hurt, humiliate, blame, often injure, and sometimes kill a current or former intimate partner.
If you are in danger, please call 911, your local hotline, or (in the U.S.) the National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-7233 or TTY (800) 787-3224.
Together with Miss Vinyl Ahoy and others, I vowed to wear the color purple today to spread the awareness in a small way. In fact, I wore my favorite vibrant purple shirt dress. Unfortunately, the crazy rain storm we had all day pretty much deleted any plans I had to take outfit photos. Never discouraged, I put together a purple inspired Kaboodle styleboard with some frugal ways to add some purple into your wardrobe.
1. Purple gloves: Merona Side Stitch Glove in purple, Target.com, $19.99
2. Desert Boot: Whisper Desert Bootie in purple, Wanted, $49.99 (on sale)
3. Pencil Skirt: Vintage skirt in purple, RenaissanceProfessor's Avant Garde, $15
4. Earrings: Flower Wheel Medallion Earrings in amethyst, 1928 Jewelry, $18
5. Striped Dress: Vintage Striped Cotton Dress in pretty violets, Juannabie, $10
6. Nail Polish: Sexy Divide, by Essie, $8
7. Sweatshirt: French Terry Pullover in Night Orchard, Old Navy, $15 (on sale)
8. Vintage Dress: Vintage Wiggle Dress in deep purple, Serendipity Mae Vintage Boutique, $14.75