1. What technology do you use in blogging? My camera is nice but nothing top of the line - It is a Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS that my mom and boyfriend bought for me for my birthday years ago. I'm pretty sure it could take better photos (especially inside!) if I learned to use it a bit better but I have yet to take the initiative to do so. My camera and I have a love-hate relationship. I love it when I take photos outside - they pretty much always turn out amazing. I hate it when I take pictures inside - they always turn out pretty terrible... but that has a lot to do with the terrible lighting inside my apartment and my lack of know how to work on it.
2. What computer and online technology do you use? I use a DELL desktop computer. Don't even bother asking me what the exact model is because I wouldn't be able to tell you. As for online technology... I think I am a purist. The only image program I use is the free version of Irfanview and I use that next to never... I will sometimes play around with photos in this program or Picnik but I usually end up just using the original version straight from my camera. I honestly change next to nothing about my photos - what you see if what you get. Whether this is a good thing is up to you! :)
3. What is your process for taking pictures? It usually goes like this: Get out of work at 4:30pm and rush, rush, rush to get home and hope that there is still enough light outside to allow me a good photo taken outside. This is what it is like lately: Never happens as it gets dark so early in the day. Thanks, winter. I prefer to take photos out on my balcony because 1.) My camera takes way better photos in natural light and 2.) I like the way the brick looks as a backdrop to my photo. Also, I take all of my own photos. I had my boyfriend take my picture once and I looked like a turd in every single shot because he was either talking to me (so I chatted back) or was making me laugh. I work better as a solo artist - just me and my Walmart tripod. I usually take at least ten photos (usually more) a day, look at each using the Irfanview program, then upload my favorites to my flickr account, which is where I host all my photos. I can't say enough good things about flickr. I've had an account there for years!
4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily? I would love to take photos in different spots daily but I'm just not that cool. :) I personally think I'm too shy to take photos in public places, especially when it's just me and my tripod. Plus, I work full time so I don't feel like I have the time to do that often enough anyway. My background of choice? The brick of my apartment exterior wall. Nice and simple.
5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would you be buying? A new camera, for sure. I would love to get a new camera as the one I have now is getting up there in age.
What is FBFF? It's a weekly discussion hosted by Katy at Modly Chic. Want to learn more and participate in Fashion Beauty Friend Friday? Click the link and learn how to join in!