1. What's the one thing you vow to learn or do in 2011 to improve your blog?
I actually have a lot of plans to improve my blog. I've now been blogging for a few months and am feeling the need to include more information such as a link list of my favorite fashionable girls, an actual about me page to help you get to know me, and more. Right now I feel my blog is very limited to outfit posts but would like to provide more lessons in frugality posts and expand on that. Heck, my blog is about frugal fashion but I've yet to really expand on that idea beyond showing you the cheap stuff I wear. I want to take the "you can spend a little but look great" idea and really run with it.
2. What did you learn about blogging in 2010 that you plan to put into practice next year?
I am quickly learning that writing up a few posts each week, before hand, would be helpful for time purposes. I typically write my posts each day. I wear an outfit, come home, take pictures and post about it the same day. This doesn't work out well when I have things to do or am generally pressed for time. Instead of making my blog suffer, I'd like to have some posts in waiting that I can post instead and save the outfit for maybe the next day. Also, I have learned that being involved with your readers makes a huge difference. I love when people respond to the comments I leave on other blogs so I try to do the same thing for my readers! I am thinking about getting the disqus commenting system as it is better set up to respond directly to comments left at a blog.
3. Do you have any high-level goals for your blog in the coming year? Monetization? More comments? More connections with other bloggers? A new template?
I would love to gain more readers. What makes a blog more fun? Readers! I'd also love to connect with more bloggers. I'm about as shy as shy can be so that's always something for me to work on.
4. If you could collaborate with one other blogger within your sphere of influence in 2011, who would you like to collaborate with, and what would you like to collaborate on?
There are so many blogs that I enjoy and that inspire me... I'd love to collaborate with any one of them. I recently saw a few bloggers pass around a piece of clothing and style it each in their own way. I loved reading that and would love to take part in something like it.
5. What do you plan to do to support other bloggers next year?
Comment, comment, comment. And, like I said above, I'll enventually be creating a link list of my favorite bloggers.
Interested in participating in the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group? Head on over to Modly Chic and join the discussion!